Keeping Sane . . .
For every person involved with the issues addressed in this blog - be that person a survivor, a friend, a family member, ally, counselor or educator, etc., it important to remain sane.
What do I mean by that? I think at times I find it easy to obsess on my role in this work. To dwell too long on the stories I hear and the situations I am privileged to know about. To be able to get away and find some rest from this work, have a peaceful moment where I'm not dwelling on the pain and what-ifs, is critical.
I'm no good to myself or others if I'm worn out from too much worry and too much stress. If all I do is ruminate on the pain I witness - if I get too caught up in my own pain. If all I do is focus on the events of one persons inhuman treatment of another then I begin to lose my grip on the goodness life can offer; I start to lose the belief that 'good' can exist, that 'good' can even be generated in this world.
I guess I write this (and again like so many other things with this blog - this won't be the last post on this topic) to remind myself and wish for everyone else a peaceful night, a restful night, a night of healing play/enjoyment. Tonight I wish some 'good' to everyone who reads this. While it may seem far away, 'good' is out there and we all deserve it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home